Monday, December 10, 2012

Mismatched Monday: Festive Sparkles

In addition to traditional red and green, jewel-tones are always popular this time of year.  Since I just purchased an amethyst sweater and sequined top I thought I'd make some earrings to wear with them.  These are perfect for right now AND for New Year's!
Materials
Copper disk charms: Metal Me This
Lampwork beads: Molten Mayhem
Niobium findings & earwires: The Odyssey and Bead Expressions
Crystals: Eureka Crystal Beads
Chain: Michaels
I didn't want the earrings to be 100% purple because I thought that would be too matchy matchy.  We all know I don't do matchy matchy.  Instead, I chose another color as the main focus and then added just a hint of purple with Jan's lampwork.
What festive colors will you be wearing this holiday season?

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio

12 comments :

  1. Absolutely LOVE the colors!!! Great design . . .

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a master with mismatched gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Diana these are sooo pretty. LOVE the color combo and the mix of metals and glass and crystals. SO nice (as usual!) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty!! I like sparkly things. Very sparkly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you included Metal Me This charms!! Love Lisa Liddy's fantastic work!! The midnight blue crystals are gorgeous with the copper discs and the Molten Mayhem too. Everything looks great together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,...love these Diana!! I'm liking the turquoise colors and the deep reds,...yes the deep reds! And silver and black,..always silver and black (I know - I'm boring!!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the color of these. Teal is one of my favorites but you know I never thought of adding purple to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these earrings! Teal has to be my favorite color and you know I never thought about adding purple. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really cute - you've got the mismatched earring thing down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and so festive!!!! I'm still trying to make myself do the mismatched earrings, but somehow it never seems to work. Practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! They are very festive and look fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and fun! Thanks for the mention. Keep on beading!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.