Monday, August 6, 2012

Metal Clay & Color Book Review


I recently purchased Metal Clay & Color by Mary Wohlgemuth on Amazon.
I'm always trying to find ways to add color to my metal clay,
aside from adding other art beads which I love to do!

This book has a ton of ideas I'm looking forward to trying a few of them.

Most of the projects are geared towards silver Metal Clay but I look forward to experimenting and seeing what works for copper since that's mostly what I do these days.

Patricia Kimle showed Filled Frame Beads using polymer clay and silver.
This is definitely one I can use with Copper.
I especially like that she shows this technique using several different shapes.

Patricia Kimie

Sandra Butchko project, Metal Leaf Magic
uses variegated metal leaf embedded in UV Resin.

Sandra Butchko


Pushing Polymer by Cindy Silas,
is a beautiful piece and I think I'd like to try it too!

Cindy Silas


And I think my favorite project has to be
Prairie Blossom by Barbara Briggs.
Not only for the color she adds by making polymer beads but I really like the silver bead she made.

Barbara Briggs

To be honest the list goes on, there is a ton of great and varied information in this book!
I am happy I purchased Metal Clay & Color
it's given me so many ideas I look forward to giving them a try.

Kristi



3 comments :

  1. Looks like a great book, Kristi. I look forward to any projects you may make using the ideas from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work, i especially love the bracelet on the cover. i will check out this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ideas! Thanks for the review - I'm going ahead and buying it!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.