Saturday, August 25, 2012

Art Charm Swap to benefit Beads of Courage

Glass Addictions by Jen Cameron 

Swapping art beads or art charms from other artisans is one of my favorite things, so I try to host an art charm swap every year. Last year I decided to combine it with a charity that I think every person in the art bead/component/jewelry world can get behind...Beads of Courage. If you've never heard of, or don't know much about Beads of Courage, please visit their website and get acquainted with it.

You can find detailed information and rules over at Glass Addictions. However, the basic concept to divide the participants into groups of 6-10 (depending on how many sign up),  you make a charm for everyone in your group (including yourself) PLUS one extra. You send your charms to me, I divvy up the charms, and keep the extra one to auction off.

I also challenge everyone to create their charms to fit a theme. Here's what I wrote about this year's theme:

Because the extra set of charms will be auctioned off to benefit Beads of Courage and the main beneficiaries of BOC are children, the theme for this charm swap is “laughter”. There is no sound as joyful, no medicine stronger, than laughter.

If you are interested, please read the blog post carefully so you know what you are agreeing to and what the dates are. The blog post also has my email address, which is how you let me know you're signing up. The deadline to sign up is August 28th.

Have a great weekend!

Jen

1 comment :

  1. It was a lot of fun to participate in last year and I wear my necklace made from the charms all the time. Come on and join us! It will be a lot of fun. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.